Posted Tue, Nov 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Posted Tue Nov 24th 2020 3:21 pm by Katie Bart
SCOTUSblog and Goldstein & Russell, PC are looking for a full-time employee as company manager for Goldstein & Russell, PC and deputy manager of SCOTUSblog. The position is based in Bethesda, Maryland and will require occasional personal work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative work for the company [60%]::
- Manage finances, including payables, receivables, invoicing and budgets;
- Keeping organized files and records for all financial and legal matters;
- Receive and sort all mail and parcels that require a personal visit to the office at least once a week during the pandemic;
- As a receptionist in the office;
- Obtain legal reception and follow-up;
- Occasional coordination and correction of Supreme Court files or assistance with light legal research;
- Keep office areas clean and well-equipped and help with office renovations.
- Coordinate with IT support to resolve technology issues;
- Coordinating with accountants to file annual and quarterly taxes;
- Manage payroll and benefits, including hiring new employees;
- Support with logistics related to the annual Harvard Supreme Court Clinic.
- Management assistant to Tom Goldstein, the managing partner of the company [20%]::
- Assisting other professionals in managing personal finances, taxes, and managing personal bills;
- Occasional tasks involving his home, car, family, or personal affairs;
- Maintenance of his calendar;
- Planning trips where last minute changes and arrangements can be made, sometimes outside of business hours.
- Special projects for SCOTUSblog [20%]::
- Assisted in the production of SCOTUStalk, a podcast at the Supreme Court;
- Drafting news articles on the Supreme Court including, but not limited to, coverage of judges speeches, special events and death penalty cases;
- Strategy with the SCOTUSblog team about new functions or improvements to the website and social media.
The qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong interest in learning more about the US Supreme Court and how it works;
- Ability to improvise as we occasionally need all hands on deck both during and outside normal business hours;
- Bachelor experience with courses in law, economics and / or accounting is an asset, as is interest in a day of law school.
We will endeavor to fill this position immediately. A commitment of at least two years is required for this position. To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, certificate (either official or unofficial) and an unedited sample of writing (no more than five pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org from 25. November. We hope to have our new company manager on board by the end of the year or early January.
The budgeted salary range for this position is between $ 50,000 and $ 65,000 and is based on experience. Benefits include immediate registration to a 401 (k) plan, full coverage health insurance, a paid phone plan, and options for registering to a flexible spending account and a SmartBenefits (pre-tax transit plan) account.
This position is located in Bethesda, Maryland and requires personal training and a weekly office visit. Often times you are the only person in the office during these visits. However, we would be happy to discuss the security precautions and flexibility with each candidate.
Katie Bart, Reminder – SCOTUSblog and Goldstein & Russell are hiring,
SCOTUSblog (November 24, 2020, 3:21 p.m.), https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/11/reminder-scotusblog-and-goldstein-russell-are-hiring-2/