Clicky

Attorneys for Metropolis of Sacramento request restraining order towards new council member staffer

UPDATE: The injunction has been denied. Earlier story below. Sacramento City lawyers took an unusual move Wednesday afternoon, filing a restraining order against a newly hired city council member. If approved by the Sacramento Superior Court, it would prevent Skyler Michel-Evleth (also known as “Skyler Henry”) from physically interacting with other city officials and from entering City Hall. “The bottom line is that we don’t want to prevent him from being hired in this department,” Prosecutor Susana Alcala Wood told KCRA 3. “We’re just asking to protect our employees and provide a safe job.” Councilor Katie Valenzuela said on June 4th announced his appointment to her team. The lawsuit to file a restraining order was approved by the city council with an 8-1 vote, citing safety concerns following his comments on a podcast released in March 2021. While talking about a U.S. Senator opposing a Raising the federal minimum wage to $ 15, he said, “You should be afraid for the rest of your life. You should never be able to leave your home when you are like that. ”You will use your position to rule. And to me, the same goes for the mayor and city manager of that city: “When you hold a government position, you should” always worry about the people “. Those comments came after protesters attacked both the mayor’s and city administrator’s homes earlier this year. KCRA 3 reached out to Henry Wednesday regarding the restraining order. He led us to this tweet as his official statement; he wrote a letter to the mayor and the city manager. “Although I was critical of Mayor Steinberg and the city council, it is not my intention to take this position in a contrary way,” wrote Henry. I do not condone or support violence against anyone who works in town hall, and I do not want anyone to be harmed. ”Councilor Katie Valenzuela refused to appear on camera for an interview with KCRA 3 Wednesday night, in a text message to KCRA 3 she wrote: “I am disappointed that the city has taken this step. We are still examining the full petition and will receive an answer in the next few days. “If the court approves the injunction, it could be valid for up to three years.

UPDATE: The injunction has been denied. Earlier story below.

Sacramento City lawyers took an unusual move Wednesday afternoon, filing a restraining order against a newly hired city council member.

If approved by the Sacramento Superior Court, it would prevent Skyler Michel-Evleth (also known as “Skyler Henry”) from physically interacting with other city officials and from entering City Hall.

“The bottom line is that we don’t want to prevent him from being hired in this department,” Prosecutor Susana Alcala Wood told KCRA 3. “We are only asking to protect our employees and provide a safe workplace.”

Councilor Katie Valenzuela announced his appointment to her team on June 4th.

The lawsuit to file a restraining order was approved by the city council with an 8-1 vote, citing safety concerns following comments on a podcast released in March 2021.

Speaking of a U.S. senator who opposed raising the federal minimum wage to $ 15, he said the following:

“You should be scared for the rest of your life. You should never be able to leave your home if you are to take advantage of your position to rule. And for me the same goes for the mayor and … the city administrator of this city. “

Whenever you are in a government position you should always worry that people will find out where you live and (Sword) your (Sword) will be up.

Those comments came after protesters attacked both the mayor’s and city administrator’s homes earlier that year.

KCRA 3 contacted Henry Wednesday regarding the request for a restraining order. He led us to this tweet as his official statement; a letter he wrote to the mayor and the city administrator.

“Although I was critical of Mayor Steinberg and the city council, it is not my intention to take this position in an adversarial manner,” wrote Henry.

In part I added: “I do not condone or support violence against anyone who works in the town hall, and it is not my wish that anyone should be harmed.”

Councilor Katie Valenzuela refused to go in front of the camera for an interview with KCRA 3 Wednesday night.

In a text message to KCRA 3, she wrote: “I am disappointed that the city has taken this step. We are still looking at the entire petition and will receive a response in the next few days.”

If the court approves the injunction, it could be valid for up to three years, according to the city attorney.

She expects the court to make a decision on Thursday.

Leave a Comment